A message to our Patients
It has been greater than a year that we have been struggling with this COVID 19 global pandemic.
In order to protect our patients, staff and families we have had to restrict in office visits for medical appointments and rely mostly on virtual care. Dr. Rheault also provides care to the most vulnerable residents in our community at a nursing home and two retirement homes making imperative to stay protected.
If you are symptomatic please do not come to the office. Instead, please book an appointment to get tested at one of the COVID testing centers and then self -isolate.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms range from mild – like the flu and other common respiratory infections – to severe, and can include:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8C or greater)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- New loss of sense of smell or taste
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion – in the absence of an underlying reason for these symptoms such as seasonal allergies
What have we done to adapt and keep you safe?
- We have adopted virtual medicine with telephone and video calls.
- Pre-entry screening for appointments and temperature checks at the door.
- Each doctor has a dedicated day for in-person visits. Priorities for in office visits include pediatric immunizations, diabetic care and post-hospital discharge.
- Rotating patients amongst 5 exam rooms to allow disinfecting and letting the room “sit” afterwards.
- Staff with personal protective equipment with face masks, shields, lab coats and daily symptom screening.
The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for use in Canada. At this time, vaccine administration will NOT take place in community doctors’ offices. Please see the following links for more information: